C.S. Lewis was one of the intellectual giants of the twentieth century and arguably the most thought-provoking and influential Christian writer of the modern era. For more than forty years, generations of readers have found insight and inspiration from his uniquely articulate view of God’s interaction in the world and in our lives. To be released on October 26, 2010, The C.S. Lewis Bible is one of the most anticipated Bibles of our time.
This New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible includes additional readings comprised of selections from Lewis’s celebrated spiritual classics, a collection that includes Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, The Great Divorce, The Problem of Pain, Miracles, A Grief Observed, The Weight of Glory and The Abolition of Man, as well as letters, poetry, and Lewis’s less-familiar works.
Each reading, paired alongside relevant passages in the Bible, offers C.S. Lewis as a companion to a reader’s daily meditation of scripture. As people engage in their Bible reading, they will also gain insight from his writings and spiritual journey as they invite Lewis into their spiritual discipline. Key features of this hardcover Bible edition include:
- New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) text—the most trusted, accepted, and accurate translation of the Bible available
- Over 400 selections from C.S. Lewis for contemplation and devotional reading
- Introductory essays on C.S. Lewis’s view of Scripture
- Attractive two-color interior (brown/black)
- Double-column format, in a readable, classic design
- Presentation page for gift-giving
- Sample pages from The C.S. Lewis Bible can be viewed here.